- Premium Strand New Zealand Sphagnum moss is used by Neofinetia falcata growers to wrap around the roots of the orchid in the classic Japanese style
- Premier Long Strand average 175 number of strands in package
- 95% of Product is 400mm to 450mm long, light tan, cream color with some green tips
- Harvested from carefully managed, sustainable swamps to guarantee availability
- Naturally air dried to preserve the optimal quality
Spagmoss Premium New Zealand Sphagnum Moss is a commercial grade S Cristatum, harvested from the pristine environment of New Zealands southern west coast. This premier long strand has a length of 400mm to 450mm for 95% of the package. It is an attractive light brown / cream color with some green tips. Sphagnum moss is a versatile, long lasting product renowned for its water holding capacity. New Zealand Sphagnum moss is recognized worldwide as a premium product in the orchid growing industry. The Spagmoss is naturally air dried to ensure a maximum Water Holding Capacity (WHC) of 96%. This allows the moss to retain water and nutrients for easy release to the plant without accumulating unwanted salts. Spagmoss maintains its structure in the pot for several years, therefore costs associated with re-potting are reduced. Due to its sterile nature, Spagmoss will also defend against plant pathogens from attacking the roots.