- Bagged just for the hobbyist that does not need a very large bag
- Grade 3 - Coarse. Ideal for starting seed, potted plants and garden.
- Vermiculite is a natural mineral, permanent, clean, odorless, non-toxic and sterile
- Holds moisture and nutrients, leaving more room for air in the soil
- Promotes faster root growth and quick anchorage for young roots
Vermiculite is a hydrous phyllosilicate mineral. It undergoes significant expansion when heated. Exfoliation occurs when the mineral is heated sufficiently, and the effect is routinely produced in commercial furnaces. Vermiculite is formed by weathering or hydrothermal alteration of biotite or phlogopite. Large commercial vermiculite mines currently exist in Russia, South Africa, China, and Brazil.