- Bag contains 40 liters (36.3 quarts) of soft orchid substrate
- Fernwood tree fern is 100% natural and sustainable
- Holds moisture to increase humidity
- Ideal for live plants, orchids and epiphytes
- Reptiles, dart frogs, mantilla and tropical snakes
Fernwood tropical substrate is made from the stem of the kuripaka, a native New Zealand tree fern. It is harvested under strict New Zealand government control designed to ensure the sustainability of the kuripaka for generations to come. Fernwood substrate is unique compared to others in that it has the ability to hold moisture without becoming waterlogged, it is slow to compost, it's smell and texture encourage natural burrowing behaviour and it is an excellent growing media for live plants especially orchids.